By India Dowley
In today's fast-paced digital world, marketing newsletters play a pivotal role in captivating guests and driving bookings. An effective newsletter will showcase your hotel's unique features, encourage repeat stays and leave a lasting impression on guests.
In our comprehensive guide to creating the perfect newsletter, we unveil expert tips and strategies to help you create a hotel email newsletter that boosts bookings and encourages loyal customers through engaging content and a clear structure.
Newsletter Content Tips
1. Personalisation: forge a genuine connection
Establish a strong connection with your guests through personalised greetings that make them feel valued and appreciated.
"Hello [Guest's Name], Your Hoxton Experience Awaits! Get ready to indulge in Amsterdam's vibrant culture with a curated guide of local hotspots handpicked just for you."
2. Highlight your hotel's best features: stand out from the competition
Showcase your hotel's unique offerings and amenities, setting it apart from competitors and enticing potential guests.
"Introducing Our Rooftop Oasis: A Hidden Gem in the Heart of Barcelona. Unwind with breathtaking views, craft cocktails, and a relaxing poolside atmosphere."
3. Exclusive offers and promotions: create urgency for direct bookings
Share exclusive deals and promotions to create a sense of urgency and encourage direct bookings through your newsletter.
"Limited-Time Flash Sale: Book Now and Save 25% on Your San Antonio Getaway! Embrace Texas charm and luxury at our iconic riverside hotel."
4. Visual storytelling: engage readers with eye-catching imagery
People adore travel content, so use high-quality visuals in your newsletter, captivating readers and allowing them to envision their stay at your hotel.
Content featuring stunning images of the rugged coastline, modern architecture and cosy interior of the Fogo Island Inn, capturing the essence of a remote Canadian escape.
5. Social proof: amplify guest testimonials
Leverage the influence of guest testimonials to instil confidence and trust in your hotel's offerings, enticing readers to experience it for themselves.
"Guests Love Our Oceanfront Hideaway! 'A slice of paradise with impeccable service.' – The Johnsons. See what others are saying about their dream stay!"
6. Local recommendations: enhance guest experiences
Curate local area recommendations to position yourselves as a tastemaker that will enhance guest experiences and immerse them in the destination.
IRL: The Thief, Oslo
"Unlock Oslo's Secrets: Insider Tips for an Authentic Norwegian Adventure! Discover hidden art galleries, hip cafés and must-visit landmarks recommended by locals."
7. Upcoming events and experiences: forge excitement and engagement
Pique potential guests’ interest with a carefully curated calendar of upcoming events and experiences that they won't want to miss out on.
IRL: The Ned, London
"Experience London's Best Jazz Nights: The Ned's Jazz Supper Club is Back! Groove to live jazz performances while savouring delectable cuisine."
8. Exclusive subscriber benefits: reward loyalty
Explore the perks of providing exclusive benefits to your newsletter subscribers, fostering guest loyalty and encouraging repeat bookings.
"Exclusive Pre-Sale Access for Our Loyal Guests: Book Early and Save on Your Next NYC Escape! Unlock unbeatable rates and exciting perks."
9. User-generated content: build an active community
Harness the power of user-generated content to create a sense of community and engagement among your guests, fostering a shared love for your hotel.
Features captivating guest photos, from poolside hangs to rooftop gatherings, showcasing Freehand Miami's vibrant and social atmosphere.
10. Compelling call-to-action: encourage immediate action
Craft a compelling call-to-action that drives readers to take the next step and book their stay directly with your hotel.
"Paradise Awaits: Book Your Private Island Retreat at The Brando Now! Experience pure luxury, pristine beaches, and exclusive activities."
Newsletter Structure Tips
- Engaging subject line: grab the reader's attention with an intriguing subject line that entices them to open your newsletter.
- Personalised greetings: address each recipient by their first name to create a warm and welcoming tone.
- Eye-catching header: include a visually appealing header image that reflects your hotel's branding and sets the tone for the newsletter.
- Highlight unique features: use captivating images and concise text to showcase the most distinctive aspects of your hotel.
- Exclusive offers: place your exclusive deals and promotions prominently in the newsletter to encourage immediate action.
If you are interested in our communication consultancy services, please get in touch here.